Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Cloudy with a Chance of Rain


The first few days have been hot and muggy with lot's of clouds. Upper 80's, low to mid 90's. High humidity. I don't expect the weather to change much while I'm here. I was told that the temperatures are cooler than what it was in April, often exceeding 100 F. Thai people complain about it, just like we do in the U.S. Reminds me what Mark Twain once said, "Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody ever does anything about it."  After growing up in the South, I know all about high heat and humidity. It's one thing that I don't miss. However, my office has AC as does the hotel, so it's bearable. I never have to iron my clothes - that's pretty cool!

http://www.weatherforecastmap.com/thailand/khon_kaen/

3 comments:

  1. High heat and humidity!! Sounds like Columbia. It's pretty hot here. I watched fireworks tonight. It was shorter than last year but nice. How are you celebrating an independence day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worse there than here, at least for the time being. Who would have thought I was moving to a cooler climate?

      Delete
    2. No fireworks in Thailand, but I did eat some watermelon and ice cream. Does that count?

      Delete