Saturday, July 21, 2012

New Diet


I'm not a dietician, but I think I just solved the obesity problem in the U.S. My solution is so simple, I often wonder why somebody has not thought of it before me. If I could only make some money off this plan I could retire tomorrow or the next day!

I've noticed a few things after traveling in Asian countries. Most Asians are pretty skinny, but not all of them.  Trust me, the ones we see in the U.S. tend to be much thinner than the ones back "home." Americans, by in large, are heavier than any Asian I have ever seen (except for sumo wrestlers).

There are a number of factors that cause obesity, but food is the main culprit. You are probably thinking that Asians eat less (quantity) and their food is much healthier (quality) than ours.  This is a good explanation, but not perfect. First of all, I have seen some tiny Asian girls eat huge amounts of food. Secondly, some Asian food is not as healthy as you might think.  They use a lot of cooking oil and eat a lot of animal fat, including the skin (chicken & pork). Thailand uses a lot of coconut milk. That stuff will sweeten anything! Sticky rice contains sugar, you get the picture.

Here's the difference. Asians eat very little processed food.  So just eliminate  processed foods from your diet and you will lose weight.  Of course, that's easier said than done in America.  Almost everything we eat has been processed - its scary! But try my diet plan for one month and see what happens.  Go ahead and eat whatever you want (within reason), and stop counting all that fat, calories, carbs, and sugars - they don't do it over here. You don't have to eat Asian food for a month, just eat like an Asian for a month!  


 

2 comments:

  1. So, is this how we are going to start eating when you get home? Sounds like a plan to me. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Addictions are easier to break when you don't have a choice.

      Delete