Saturday, July 28, 2012

Happy Endings


With faculty sponsor

With Dept. Head











On Friday, the departmental faculty / staff held a going away lunch party for me. It was really nice and the food was delicious. We exchanged some presents. Souvenirs are like photos - personalized ways to extend your memory. On Saturday night, my faculty sponsor invited me and a colleague over for dinner. Her husband did the cooking and once again the food was great (roasted chicken and giant river shrimp). So, it was a good food weekend. :) We had a great time since the conversation was in English.

My visit to Thailand has been wonderful - people, food, culture and landscape make an interesting combination. Come if you can and see for yourself. Leaving tomorrow and of course I have some mixed emotions. I would like to stay longer, but I need to go back home. Here's one consolation. More than once the KKU faculty said that we were friends for life. A group of them are coming to Missouri this October to discuss a long-term collaboration with MU. Can't wait.




  
          

2 comments: